A SIGNALLING problem near Birmingham New Street is causing disruption to trains to, from and through the station.
The disruption is expected to continue until 12:00 today and will affect a number of services from Tamworth and Wilnecote.
The following alterations will apply:
- London Midland service from London Euston will terminate at Birmingham International
- London Midland services between Wolverhampton / Birmingham New Street and Walsall will be diverted and not call at stations between Birmingham New Street and Hamstead.
- Some Virgin Trains and CrossCountry services will not run between Birmingham New Street and Birmingham International
- Trains are currently unable to run between Birmingham New Street and Water Orton / Duddeston.
- Arriva Trains Wales services will not run between Birmingham International and Wolverhampton.
- CrossCountry services will be delayed by up to 40 minutes.
- Virgin Trains services will be delayed by up to 30 minutes
- Road transport is operating between Sutton Coldfield and Lichfield Trent Valley
Alternative travel options:
- Virgin Trains passengers may use London Midland on reasonable routes and Chiltern Railways between Birmingham Moor Street and London Marylebone.
- London Midland passengers may use Midland Metro, Chiltern Railways, Virgin Trains and National Express West Midlands services on reasonable routes.
- CrossCountry passengers may use Abellio Greater Anglia between Stansted Airport and London Liverpool Street / Peterborough.
You can follow this incident using the hashtag #BirminghamNewSt on Twitter.
National Rail have said that if you experience a delay in completing your journey because of this disruption, you may be entitled to compensation