MATTHEW Ellis, Staffordshire Commissioner for Police, Fire and Rescue and Crime, will hold the final Public Performance Meetings of his tenure on Thursday 27 February at the County Buildings in Stafford.
At these meetings, which will be broadcast live online from 10am, the Staffordshire Commissioner will hold Staffordshire Police and Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service to account on behalf of the public.
The meetings will cover:
- The latest figures which show Staffordshire Police is one of only four forces in the country where overall crime is falling;
- The reductions in personal robbery and vehicle crime;
- The success of the Missing Persons Investigation Team and Roads Policing Unit, which both benefited from additional investment as a result of extra money raised through local tax;
- Progress in the way stop and search is carried out, to ensure openness and transparency;
- The number of Safe and Well visits carried out by fire and rescue to vulnerable groups within our communities, providing advice and guidance;
- An update on the Community Sprinkler Project to retro-fit sprinklers in high-rise properties;
- The findings of recent inspections by Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire & Rescue Services (HMICFRS), which rated both services as ‘good’, with fire and rescue ‘outstanding’ at promoting the right values and culture.
The Commissioner, Mr Ellis said: ‘This is about being open, honest and transparent so that our communities can have confidence in the service delivered by policing and fire and rescue here.
‘People can attend the meetings in person or watch them live wherever they are via the web, and they will also be available to view online afterwards.’
Accountability, transparency and openness in the police and fire and rescue is a key priority for the Commissioner, ensuring the people of Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent are better informed and involved in how services are delivered.
The police meeting will be live-streamed from 10am on Thursday here: https://staffordshire.public-i.tv/core/portal/webcast_interactive/475657
The fire and rescue meeting will be live-streamed from 12 noon on Thursday here: https://staffordshire.public-i.tv/core/portal/webcast_interactive/475666
Find out more about the meetings at https://staffordshire-pfcc.gov.uk/transparency/public-meetings/