TWO wildlife conservation groups, two young people’s arts organisations and a bereavement care group have benefited from a cash boost of £2,500 from Tamworth Borough Council.
The five groups have each been awarded grants of £500 from the Voluntary and Community Grants scheme and the Arts Grants scheme, which aim to help organisations develop and provide services for the residents of Tamworth.
The latest grants are:
- £500 for Dosthill Park Wildlife Group towards log seating and a boardwalk next to the pond dipping platform at the park. The works will allow access to the site all year round, meaning more visitors will be able to use it.
- £500 for Friends of Warwickshire Moor towards a Waymarker post and repairs to the brushcutter, which allows the group to clear pathways and maintain access to the site.
- £500 for South Staffordshire Cruse Bereavement Care towards running costs for the volunteer-run service, which helps bereaved adults and children in Staffordshire.
- £500 for Shoebox Theatre, to allow the group to continue to meet weekly and work on projects.
- £500 for Synchronicity, to allow young members to hire a venue and organise a production of live music and dance through the decades from the 1950s to the present day.
Cllr Rob Pritchard, Chairman of the Cabinet Grants Committee, said: “Tamworth Borough Council is keen to support as many local voluntary organisations, sports clubs and community groups as possible. The groups are carrying out projects to make Tamworth a better place, help local residents or just give people something to do.
“We are delighted to be able to help these groups – and we could possibly help yours too. If your community groups, arts group, heritage group or sports club is running a project, please get in touch – we might be able to support you too.”
Grants are available to community groups and voluntary organisations which run in the borough to allow them to develop and continue to provide their vital services. To apply for a grant, please contact Karen Clancy at Tamworth Borough Council on 01827 709709 by the closing date of March 1st.