AS part of our commitment to Tamworth and the Talking up Tamworth (TuT) campaign we will be putting the spotlight on a local business, at least each month.
This will give local, independent, Town Centre based businesses a chance to promote themselves completely free-of-charge through out website.
You can be featured by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and showing your interest.
Together we can encourage growth in Tamworth. Lets make the most of what we have, right here in this amazing, historic Town.
This time we interviewed Sue Verity at The Tudor House on Lichfield Street.
What is the name of your business?
The Tudor House
What is it your business does?
We are an art cafe offering celebration cakes and afternoon teas. There is also the gallery, gifts, jams, honeys and an antiques corner. It is the oldest shop in Tamworth, dating back to approximately 1450!
Where are you?
111 Lichfield Street, just down from the council offices.
Why did you choose Tamworth?
I am born and bred in Tamworth so set up business in my home town.
What do you think can be done to improve Tamworth; and of course, what are the positives?
- The car parking bays on Lichfield Street should be for 1 hour and not 30 minutes, and the signage should be clearer regarding 430pm.
- The area should be branded ‘The Lichfield Street Quarter’.
- There should be a land train to link with Ventura Retail Park and more signage at Ventura promoting the town with maps etc.
- Ankerside turned into designer retail outlets, like a Boundary Mill.
- Council should ask for voluntary contributions /sell raffle tickets at outdoor events then use that to plough money into town centre ideas.
- Market should be moved into the square, all around St Edithas and move the white canopy to castle grounds for parents watching children to sit under.
Remember that you can be featured by emailing us at email@example.com and showing your interest. Simply tell us; What is the name of your business? What is it your business does? Where are you? Why did you choose Tamworth What do you think can be done to improve Tamworth; and of course, what are the positives?
Although we are focusing on Town Centre businesses at this time, this could expand further afield in the future.