AS part of our commitment to Tamworth and the Talking up Tamworth (TuT) campaign we will be putting the spotlight on a local business, at least each month.
This will give local, independent, Town Centre based businesses a chance to promote themselves completely free-of-charge through out website.
You can be featured by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and showing your interest.
Together we can encourage growth in Tamworth. Lets make the most of what we have, right here in this amazing, historic Town.
This time we have been speaking to Ged Fisher at The King’s Ditch.
What is the name of your business?
The King’s Ditch – Beer & Cider Micropub
What is it your business does?
A Micropub is a small traditional old style pub, No music, No Electronic Machines, No Spirits, No draught Lager.
Beer straight from the barrel, supplied by small Breweries from around the country. Ciders straight from the Cider Farms, again from around the country. Wines of a high quality, by a local wine merchant. Quality Non alcoholic drinks. The idea is to chat, and talk to the friends you have yet to meet.
Where are you?
51 Lower Gungate, B79 7AS. http://www.kingsditch.co.uk/
Having lived in the town for fifty years, the pub scene caters for mainly younger people, loud music etc. We wanted to create a quieter environment, where talk is the main sound. The idea was to supplement the two real ale pubs in the Good Beer Guide. Thus get more people to come into Tamworth from around the country.
What do you think can be done to improve Tamworth; and of course, what are the positives?
- Car parking is the big one, drop the half hour and change to an hour. The price needs to be around half of present value, or free for Tamworth residents.
- Late night buses are needed to the northern estates.
- Make Ankerside more affordable rental wise.
- Link Ventura to the town, a tramway, monorail or skylift could be a way.
- If the BID project happens that will be a big boost for town improvements.
- We have a wide range of good looking buildings, more needs to be made of the heritage of the town, along with the Church, Castle, Town Hall & Moat House.
- There are good transport links, by road and rail, that we do not push enough. On a personal note I would like to see an Ale Trail leaflet published, by local Camra, for distribution in other towns.
Remember that you can be featured by emailing us at email@example.com and showing your interest. Simply tell us; What is the name of your business? What is it your business does? Where are you? Why did you choose Tamworth What do you think can be done to improve Tamworth; and of course, what are the positives?
Although we are focusing on Town Centre businesses at this time, this could expand further afield in the future.