DRONE footage which has been supplied to Tamworth Informed has revealed the seriousness of the dramatic fire at Mile Oak’s George Bryan Centre.
Emergency services rushed to the scene shortly after 9.00pm this evening (Monday 11 February)
Flames could be seen emerging through the roof from as the blaze rips through the building.
READ MORE: Tamworth Man arrested in relation to blaze
Credit: Mark Harper
Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service have confirmed that they have 10 appliances at the location from across Staffordshire and neighbouring West Midlands Fire Service and Warwickshire Fire Service who have sent crews from Polesworth, Atherstone and Nuneaton.
Staffordshire Police and West Midlands Ambulance Service are also at the location.
READ MORE: See our timeline of the incident
At this time it is not known how the blaze broke out and there have been no reports of injuries at the scene. It has been confirmed that all patients and staff got out of the building safely.
The George Bryan Centre offers inpatient support for patients suffering from mental ill-health and sits in the grounds of Sir Robert Peel Hospital, off Watling Street.
The site is run by the Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust who have not commented on the situation at this time.
Our thoughts are with all involved and we wish all the patients the best at this time.