EMERGENCY services remain on the scene of an horrific fire at a Tamworth Medical Centre this morning, Sunday 4 November.
Fire Crews from Staffordshire and the West Midlands rushed to a Dosthill Medical Centre last, Saturday 3 November, shortly after 9.00pm due to a fire in the roof space which Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service say was caused by a firework.
Fire Appliances from Tamworth, Barton-under-Needwood and Aldridge were sent to the location on Cadogan Road in Dosthill.
Crews remain on scene this morning as the full extent of the damage begins to be seen.
Drone footage showing the aftermath of the fire
Drone footage with thanks to Chris Shaw.
The Medical Centre is home to a Doctors Surgery, a Dentist, a Pharmacy and a Podiatry Clinic.
One eye witness told Tamworth Informed “It’s completely destroyed, happened in minutes”. [sic]
As the Medical Centre was closed at the time, fortunately, there were no injuries as a result of the incident.
This morning, it can be seen that the roof of the building is completely destroyed and the building is very likely to have significant water damage.