STAFFORDSHIRE County Council is continuing to promote their COVID testing programme in the hope of getting the pandemic under control across the County.
Staffordshire County Council is asking all residents who need to be out and about during the lockdown to have regular Covid-19 tests and anybody in a Covid hotspot area to book a test.
The latest hotspot areas for Tamworth are Amington, Bolehall, Glascote, Mercian and Wilnecote wards. In neighbouring Lichfield, the hotspot areas are Boney Hay & Central, Chase Terrace, Chasetown, Curborough, Shenstone and Whittington & Streethay wards.
This is for people without symptoms only and anyone with symptoms should of course, follow the government guidelines to isolate and book a test.
There is currently plenty of availability in all of the community testing sites for the rest of the week in Staffordshire. Below you can see the locations.
If there is no availability, you can book a traditional test at one of the national sites at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus and choose the option “my council has asked me to book a test”.
- Tamworth Campus, Croft Street, Tamworth, B79 8AE. (Monday to Friday only)
- Wilnecote Parish Hall, 40 Watling St, Two Gates, Wilnecote, Tamworth B77 5AD. (Saturday and Sunday only)
- Burntwood Leisure Centre, High Street, Chasetown, Burntwood, WS7 3XH. (Monday – Thursday)
- Lichfield City FC, Brownsfield Road, Eastern Avenue, Lichfield, WS13 6AY. (Friday – Sunday)
- Chase Leisure Centre, Stafford Road, Cannock, WS11 4AL
- Hillfield House, Hillfield Lane, Burton-upon-Trent DE13 0BW
- Seabridge Centre, Ash Way, Newcastle, ST5 3UB
Wombourne Library, Church Road, Wombourne, Wolverhampton, WV5 9EZ
- Kingston Centre, Fairway, Stafford, ST16 3TW
- Brough Park Leisure Centre, Brough Park, Leek ST13 6AT. (Sunday – Thursday)
- Biddulph Leisure Centre, Thames Drive, Biddulph, ST8 7HL
There is also additional pop-up community testing at various locations supporting the above.
Slots are available to book now on the community testing sites page.
Anyone with symptoms should not attend and instead book a test online through https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test.
|Here at Tamworth Informed, we want to say a huge thank you to all NHS Staff, Care Workers, Emergency Service Workers, Shop Staff and anyone else helping to keep us safe, healthy, fed, watered or connected to vital services during this difficult of the 3rd National Lockdown. Please stay safe and look after each other.|
On 4 January the Prime Minister announced that England was to enter a National Lockdown, meaning that we should all stay at home.