A popular summer tradition is returning to the Castle Grounds again this year, when it once again plays host to the series of eight free Bandstand Concerts.
The season kicks off on Sunday June 29 with a concert by Tamworth Wind Band, which will be performing in the Bandstand between 1pm and 4pm.
This year’s Bandstand Concert season features music for all tastes, including brass, wind, rock, swing and blues.
One of the new acts for this year’s programme is My Favourite Things. The vintage girl act wowed the Tamworth crowds when they performed under the Town Hall as part of last year’s Heritage Open Day. This will be the first time the group has performed in a bandstand and are making a welcome return to Tamworth.
Dates for this year’s concerts are:
- Sunday June 29 – Tamworth Wind Band
- Sunday July 20 – St John’s Wind Band
- Saturday August 9 – Carousel Circus
- Sunday August 10 – Liquid Brass
- Saturday August 16 – My Favourite Things
- Saturday August 23 – Amington Band (as part of We Love Tamworth event)
- Saturday August 30 – The 58’s Blues Band
- Sunday August 31 – Martin Atterbury
All the concerts are free of charge, so bring your picnic baskets down to the Castle Grounds for a lazy afternoon of music, between 1pm and 4pm.
Tamworth Borough Council Deputy Leader, Cllr Rob Pritchard, said: “The free bandstand concerts are an opportunity to have a lovely afternoon enjoying live music for free. Local talent and well-known local performers will be at the bandstand to entertain the crowd. If you like live music, why not pop down and enjoy what’s on offer.”
More information is available on the Tamworth Assembly Rooms website at www.tamworthassemblyrooms.co.uk