TAMWORTH Borough Council’s programme of Summer Bandstand Concerts begins on Sunday, June 10 and will see a variety of bands, singers and clubs taking to the Castle Grounds stage to delight audiences on weekends throughout the season.
This year’s programme will be launched with a bandstand favourite Andy Smith, between 1pm and 3pm this Sunday. Join Andy for an afternoon of blues, contemporary and foot tapping golden oldies.
This year’s bumper programme of Summer Bandstand Concerts comes under the Music Outside element of Arts in Unusual Spaces – a project which is funded by Arts Council England and Tamworth Borough Council to create and nurture new performers and audiences.
The full 2018 line-up is as follows:
- Sunday June 10 – Andy Smith
- Saturday June 16 – Tamworth Jazz, Blues, Country, Folk and Roots
- Saturday June 30 – Tamworth Musical Theatre Company
- Sunday July 1 – Make Some Noise & Friends
- Saturday July 7 – Amington Band
- Sunday July 8 – Tamworth Wind Band
- Saturday July 21 – Tamworth Voices
- Saturday August 4 – Liquid Brass
- Saturday August 11 – Tamworth Jazz, Blues, Country, Folk and Roots
- Saturday August 18 – 58s Blues Band
- Saturday August 25 – Bryan Brindley & Friends
Sponsored by Ankerside Shopping Centre, all the concerts are free of charge, so bring your picnic baskets and blankets down to Tamworth Castle Grounds for an afternoon of music. Performances generally take place at intervals between 1pm and 4pm (subject to weather conditions).
Cllr John Chesworth, the Cabinet member for Culture and Operational Services, said: “The Summer Bandstand Concerts organised by our Arts & Events team provide the perfect opportunity for people to enjoy an afternoon of live entertainment in beautiful surroundings. The Bandstand is a historic feature of the Castle Grounds and it’s great to see it being brought to life with live music and performances.
“Whether you’re taking a break from shopping, or enjoying a picnic with friends and family, we’d love to see you there enjoying the music on offer.”
The bandstand concerts are part of a great calendar of outdoor events organised by Tamworth Borough Council’s Arts & Events team. For the full 2018 line-up please visit http://www.tamworthartsandevents.co.uk/outdoor-events.