A number of people were arrested during the policing operation for last night’s FA Cup quarter final between Aston Villa and West Bromwich Albion.
West Midlands Police have now launched an investigation into a pre-match disturbance at a pub near to Villa Park and the FA have launched an investigation into the actions of both clubs.
With a lot of locals supporting one of the two clubs we want to know; Were you there? We would love to hear from you.
Chief Superintendent Chris Johnson, from West Midlands Police, said: “We carried out a large policing operation for the FA Cup yesterday evening (March 7) to ensure supporters could enjoy the game in a safe environment.
“During the course of the operation 17 men were arrested for various public order offences. An investigation has been launched to identify people involved in a disturbance before the match at the Witton Arms pub.
“Anyone who saw what happened should contact police on 101 or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
“We will also be supporting the Football Association to identify people involved in pitch invasions that happened at the end of the match.”
- 8 x arrests on suspicion of public order offences
- 4 x arrests on suspicion of drunk and disorderly
- 2 x arrests on suspicion of breach of the peace
- 1 x arrest on suspicion of drunk entry to the ground
- 1 x arrest on suspicion of breach of a banning order
- 1 x arrest on suspicion of assault on police