POLICE are appealing for information from the public after a burglary at a home in Wilnecote Lane, Belgrave.
The incident occurred sometime between 3 October and 4 October when offenders entered through the rear door making search of rooms before leaving the location.
Anyone with any anformation regarding this incident is asked to contact Staffordshire Police on 101, quoting incident number 702 pf the 4 October 2017.
You can also report crime by contacting the independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their Anonymous Online Form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, information cannot be traced or recorded and you will not go to court.
Crime prevention advice
Around the front and back of your home:
- Prevent easy access to the back and sides of the house by installing locked gates,, 2 metre minimum fencing or walls.. Trellis topping also makes climbing difficult.
- Security lighting should be used to make offenders feel vulnerable and observed.
- Illuminate high risk areas and lines of approach
- Fit padlocks and hardware to shed and garage doors.
- Securely lock all doors before leaving the house.
- Never leave house or car keys anywhere near the front door including your letterbox or where they may be visible through windows.
- Improve natural surveillance to the front of the house so that a burglar can’t work without being seen.
- Remove and secure items that may be used to break in or climb up such as ladders and garden tools.
Inside your home:
- Visibly or forensically mark belongings.
- Never leave your car keys visible from outside.
Are you at home?
- Do not close curtains during the daytime; this can suggest the house is empty.
- Use automatic timer – switches to turn on a light and perhaps a radio when it goes dark.
- If the house is unoccupied for long periods of time,, cancel any newspaper or milk deliveries.
- Ask a trusted neighbour to clear your post away, or use Royal Mail’s “keepsafe”” service; they will keep your mail for up to two months..
- Ask a neighbour to open and close curtains and park their car on your driveway.
- Join a Neighbourhood Watch scheme.
- Ensure that all doors and windows are locked.
- Set burglar alarm.