VOLUNTARY groups and organisations across Tamworth have received a cash boost of more than £3,800 from Tamworth Borough Council.
Eight groups have each been awarded grants of between £345 and £500 from the Voluntary and Community Grants scheme and the Arts Grant awards.
The grants are given to help organisations develop and provide services for the residents of Tamworth.
The latest grants are:
- £500 for the Aztec Network, which is part of the scouting group and is working with the trustees of Middleton Hall on a joint project with girl guiding Tamworth to develop an area of waste land into a campsite, including a cooking area and a camp fire. The plan is to have a useable campsite by November 2017.
- £500 for Girl Guiding Tamworth towards their joint project with Aztec Network for the development of the waste land into a useable campsite.
- £461.52 for Belgrave Community Allotment and Garden, to buy and install a storage shed. This project started in 2015 and has transformed a previously unused piece of land into a community growing space for the benefit of local residents and community groups.
- £500 for Coton Green Church for their mentoring project which provides activities in Tamworth primary schools, for young people who face issues which affect their emotional wellbeing and impact on their education.
- £345.60 for Lichfield and District Live at Home Scheme towards the travel expenses and costs of Tamworth volunteers
- £500 for Milk Fairies, who are a breast feeding volunteer and support group. The grant will enable the group to purchase training packs, first aid sessions and some baby equipment.
- £500 for MD Creative towards equipment and production costs in support of the SPLAT festival organised by Dig-It.
- £500 for Philip England to help fund a one-off live acoustic, blues folk and roots music festival in Tamworth.
“Tamworth Borough Council really values the effort that all our local voluntary groups put in to make a difference in the community. If you have a community or arts project that will help make Tamworth a better place, please get in touch.”
Grants are available to community groups and voluntary organisations which run in the borough to enable them to develop and continue to provide their vital services.
To find out more about the grants, please contact Karen Clancy at Tamworth Borough Council on 01827 709709.